Monday 6 June 2011

Party gal


You can't turn one without cupcakes!


 
Annie Jean turned one last week. My first ever bit of baby knitting can now be unveiled. 

I made the pink/red jacket first, but it had so many mistakes that it became just a prototype. It took quite a lot of unpicking and researching online to make any sense of the pithy pattern instructions. Frustrating, but I was not to be beaten. My second attempt is so much better. The pattern is from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Almanac and is called Baby Sweater on Two Needles, also known as the February Baby Sweater. Fit-wise it works, despite my fears it would be too small. My version of the pattern is short in the arms, but that turns out to be quite practical for a busy wee girl intent on exploring every little thing in her world. The colour looks gorgeous on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment