Sunday 26 June 2011

How complicated can Kitchener be?

A frosty start to the week. The lawn was white this morning, but with the sun streaming in, my house warms up nicely. Sat outside on the patio and grafted the two halves of a knitted bag together using Kitchener stitch. Thanks to Knitting at Knoon for the video instructions. Much easier to follow than the diagrams in my book. It took a while to get it to look right, but it doesn't matter that it is not a perfect graft. Hopefully once felted, the join will not be too visible - and if it is, I'll embroider over it and make it a design feature.

I had to pull the apple bag apart as it was just too big. It has been through a hot wash several times and the body of the bag has not felted yet, so I'm going to try giving the wool a good shock - don't you love that technical term - by plunging it into cold water after a rugged pummelling in really hot water. Check back in a few days to see if it works.

The chooks are out free ranging while I'm around to keep an eye on them. They both prefer to find a dark corner of the garden to lay, rather than using the straw in their house. I quite like collecting eggs from the garden, like the Easter Bunny thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment