Tuesday 27 September 2011

Rotorua

 I love Rotorua, smell and all. Where else would you have a hot stream running between the houses and a boiling spring in your backyard? I love the softness and drama of all steam rising on a grey day.

I don't have any active thermal stuff just where I live, and it is only a wee bit smelly, and only then when the wind is blowing from a particular direction. But I have the lake. There is a lovely walk along the lakeside and back along the boardwalk through a lovely bit of wetland which is cared for by a group of locals, the Hannah's Bay Community Restoration Trust.



My sock is growing -- slowly. Even I couldn't knit through the RWC game on Saturday night - the All Blacks against France game was riveting (can't believe I'm saying that!).


No comments:

Post a Comment