Sunday 29 May 2011

May-be Jacket

I have started knitting up a cardigan pattern from the Simply Beautiful Sweaters book. I'm hoping it will be more of a jacket than a cardy. So far there are stripes in four different textures/colours, but I'm thinking about adding a feature stripe in a contrasting colour. Green? Hmmm. The hydrangeas get away with it, but I don't wear them.

Having my sister staying for a week was an opportunity to visit a few local places I hadn't been to before. It was great to find that there are two more local shops that stock gorgeous yarns including Touch Yarns, Rare Yarns and Noro. The Woollen Mill shop at the Agrodome is where I got the black and grape wools to match up with the hank of hand-dyed boucle that I had in my stash for a over a year. Then we visited the patchwork shop in Ngongotaha, Cottage Flair. Not a shop I'd ususally go to, but they have a lovely range of yarns. 

This on top of finding that Creative Yarns and Knits have opened a Rotorua branch of their Tauranga shop. Pretty exciting I thought. That is where the boucle came from.





No comments:

Post a Comment