Tuesday 27 January 2015

Buderim

This is a bit of a retrospective review of my travels down the east coast. From Cairns I took 3 days to reach Buderim which is on the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane. I practised camping, and apart from realising on the first night that I had forgotten to buy a pump for the lilo (luckily the camping ground at Home Hill had very thick, springy grass and I slept comfortably without it) all went well. At Home Hill I paid $10 for a campsite, entry to the municipal pool, AND a Magnum icecream. At Noosa the campsite was $32. An expensive hot shower, that one.

So to the next house sit. Deb and John were away and I spent a week at their mansion.


Not just a pool, but a sewing room, and permission to use the machine! I made a couple of cool dresses and a skirt.

Last time I was staying at Deb's I could hardly walk around the block. This time I was able to walk much further afield. I missed the jacarandas but the flame trees were resplendent, shading the streets and making it very pleasant to walk into the town for coffee. Buderim may be small but it has four bookshops and a great selection of cafes.



I discovered a block in Buderim designated as Food Street. All the kerbs have been given over to vegetables and fruit trees. Sweet corn, bananas, limes, zucchini, sweet potatoes and more. The produce gets shared between the residents. There was a stand of sunflowers that was attracting the birds which seemed fearless.







No comments:

Post a Comment