Tuesday 9 August 2011

Polynesian Pools

I worked here as a pool attendant one summer when I was at university. There used to be about 5 fabric shops in Rotorua in those days and I sewed up lots of little cotton dresses in bright and summery fabrics.




 Yesterday Rotorua didn't get above 10 degrees despite the sunshine. This is absolutely the best place to be. Seems bizarre when you are chilled to the bone to be changing into togs and padding barefoot across the concrete towards the lake, and then the joy of sinking into that 38 degree warmth. Ahhh. What bliss. And as you can see, I almost had the whole complex all to myself. Look at the steam rising around the edges of the lake.

 

1 comment:

  1. Brrrr..that's cold - probably the minimum here
    Nice photos. Look forward to seeing it one day

    ReplyDelete